PURPOSE: To provide effective, culturally specific domestic violence services to victims of domestic violence.
ACCOUNTABILITY: To the mission and goals of Ecumenical Ministries of Oregon (EMO) as determined by the Board of Directors, and as administered by the Executive Director and his/her delegates.
REPORTS TO: Russian Oregon Social Services (ROSS) Program Manager
- Develop, implement and evaluate case management activities for ROSS’s clients.
- Provide comprehensive crisis intervention services to domestic violence victims that lead to emotional and economic independence (restraining orders, transitional housing, shelter enrollment, public benefits, court accompaniment and employment assistance) at both sites (ROSS & Gateway Center).
- Provide information, referral and follow-up for victims of domestic violence at ROSS & Gateway Center.
- Provide translation and interpretation services to ROSS and Gateway clients.
- Provide community outreach and education on domestic and sexual violence, American Family law and available resources.
- Provide cross-cultural education to mainstream victim service providers.
- Maintain comprehensive and timely case files and accurate, up-to-date records on all activities.
- Complete and submit monthly reports and semi-annual narrative reports on a timely and accurate manner.
- Must maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Attend staff meetings and trainings related to domestic and sexual violence.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work within the mission, vision and ethics of Ecumenical Ministries of Oregon.
- Willingness and ability to work with people of diverse ethnicity, socio-economic circumstance, religion, culture and sexual orientation.
- High-level organization and prioritization skills and ability to maintain a calm, professional demeanor.
- Skill/ability to effectively communicate (orally and in writing) in English and Russian/Ukrainian.
- Knowledge of local victim service providers and social services organizations.
- Appropriate multicultural work experience with refugee/immigrant populations.
- Knowledge and understanding of Russian culture and the local Russian-speaking community.
- Skills and education necessary to perform the duties of the position.
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule, including evening hours and weekends.
- Must be able to work independently and to meet multiple deadlines.
- High tolerance for ambiguity and change.
- Must have the ability to use a computer and various software programs (familiarity with Multnomah County Service Point System a plus).
- Must possess valid driver's license and evidence of insurability.
WORK HOURS: Part-time position, 32 hours per week.
SALARY RANGE: $15.00 - $16.00 per hour.
BENEFITS: All regular employees (does not include on-call or temporary) are eligible for vacation, holidays, sick leave, employee assistance program and employee trainings. Employees in exempt positions that are at least 0.50 FTE or non-exempt positions that are 20 hours per week or more also receive medical insurance, dental insurance, disability insurance and life insurance, per eligibility requirements.
LOCATION: Gateway Center & ROSS program site in southeast Portland.