Born and raised in Honolulu, Hawai’i, Jonathan was first exposed to the movement to end domestic and sexual violence during his undergraduate studies at Willamette University, where he served as co-chair of the Willamette University Men Against Violence (WUMAV) student group. Prior to joining the Coalition staff, he worked for the Oregon Attorney General's Sexual Assault Task Force, providing support for the Prevention Program and coordinating the Oregon Men Against Violence initiative. Jonathan strongly believes that by challenging cultural norms that allow violence to occur, men can play a critically important role in ending all forms of oppression, including (but not limited to!) domestic and sexual violence. In his free time, Jonathan enjoys reading, finding live jazz performances, and going on the occasional day hike.
Areas of expertise:
- Communication and marketing strategies
- Website design guidance
- Technology safety for survivors
- Maintaining privacy and confidentiality through agencies’ use of technology
- Information Technology (IT) planning and management for organizations
- Engaging men in violence prevention