Counties served: Jackson
Crisis hotline: 541-779-4357
Languages spoken at location
One or more staff members at this program speak each language listed below. Translators may be available for other languages; contact the program directly for more information.
This program reports they offer the services listed below. We cannot guarantee space or availability; contact the program directly for the most up-to-date information.
- 24-hour crisis and support hotline
- Emergency shelter
- Transitional housing
- Support groups
- Legal advocacy
- Services for children and youth
- Prevention education
- Confidential advocacy, safety planning, and referrals to other services
- Mentoring and housing for homeless youth (ages 16-26)
- Life skills training (weekly)
Outstationed advocates at:
Outstationed or co-located advocates work for a nonprofit community-based advocacy program, but spend some of their working hours at an external location. They provide confidential crisis intervention and other advocacy services, while also serving as a resource to their hosting agency.
- Oregon Department of Human Services - Self-Sufficiency Office (Medford, Ashland)
- Oregon Department of Human Services - Child Welfare Office (Medford)
- Rogue Family Center (White City)
- Medford Police Department
- Jackson County Sheriff's Office
- Central Point Police Department
- Eagle Point Police Department
- Rogue Community Health (Medford, White City, Butte Falls)
- Asante Physicians Partners (Medford, White City)
- Children's Advocacy Center
- Jackson County Courthouse
- Community Family Court
2019-02-12: Program reports that their shelter is pet-friendly.