Languages spoken at location
- 24-hour crisis and support hotline
- Emergency shelter
- Support groups
- Legal advocacy
- Economic justice and financial advocacy
- Services for children and youth
- Prevention education
- Confidential advocacy, safety planning, and referrals to other services
- LGBTQ-specific services (domestic violence)
- Spanish-speaking advocates (domestic violence and sexual assault)
- Russian-speaking advocates (domestic violence)
YWCA Clark County’s mission is to eliminate racism, empower women and promote peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all. This YWCA mission statement was adopted by the General Assembly in 2009.
YWCA Clark County has a long history of supporting women, and all oppressed populations in the region. Today we serve more than 12,000 people each year who are escaping domestic violence, sexual assault, child abuse and neglect, as well as youth in foster care. We are sustained by the dedication of more than 700 volunteers annually, 850 donors, hundreds of in-kind donors, 70+ powerful staff, as well as grantors and federal funds.
Our mission to eliminate racism, empower women, and promote peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all is cultivated through the strategic application of services and support. We facilitate this mission through direct service, support groups, community outreach and public policy centered around five foundational programs. They are the SafeChoice Domestic Violence Program, Sexual Assault Program, Y’s Care Children’s Program, Independent Living Skills Program, and Clark County CASA Program.
YWCA Clark County is committed to serving all members of our community who need our services. We accomplish this through:
- Celebrating and respecting the diversity and dignity of each individual
- Not charging for services (with the exception of select classes and workshops)
- Providing Spanish speaking advocates in the Sexual Assault and SafeChoice Domestic Violence Programs
- Providing Russian speaking advocates for our SafeChoice Porgram
- Offering specific LGBTQ services in SafeChoice
- Providing translation services for non-English speaking individuals as needed