Tuesday, May 14, 2019 - 4:00pm to 5:30pm
Track(s):Support group facilitation
- Learn why we dream
- Learn about why we have nightmares and very disturbing dreams
- Learn what to do after a person wakes up from a nightmare or disturbing dream to de-escalate the emotional experience.
- Learn what universal symbols are and how they work in your dreams
- Learn how to interpret your own dreams
- Discover uncovering the gift in every dream - even nightmares
- Brief introduction of your interest in dreams.
- What is dreaming?
- Why study dreams? and What to do if you don't remember your dreams
- Common symbols - person, cultural, universal
- Nightmares and recurring dreams
- A method for studying your dreams
- Finding the gift in each dream
- 'Asking' for dreams
Lea Sevey has been in the DV/SA (Domestic Violence/Sexual Assault) services field for 18 years. She joined Oasis Shelter Home in 2004 as the Executive Director. She holds a Masters in Human Services and a Bachelor of Science degree in Administration of Justice. Lea has been serving as the Board President of OCADSV (Oregon Coalition Against Domestic and Sexual Violence) for the last 6 years. She is also an advisory member for the Oregon Department of Human Services Fund and is a board member for the Nonprofit Association of Oregon. ln her free time, Lea writes fiction and has published 2 books (available on Amazon!). She also enjoys photography and making jewelry. Lea is a certified dream analyst.