To help defray the costs of attending our annual conference, scholarships are available to coalition member programs in good standing.
As a benefit of Coalition membership, each coalition member program in good standing is eligible for a scholarship benefit to help defray the costs of sending their advocates to the Conference.
Each OCADSV member program's executive director or DV/SA lead program coordinator was sent an email in mid February containing special coupon codes. These codes will allow up to two (2) people to register for the conference at no cost, with the third and subsequent registrants at a discounted rate (varies, based on date of registration).
Overview of benefits
Each attending member program may receive:
- Registration fee waivers for up to two (2) attendees from that program;
- Discounted registration fees for additional attendees from that program;
- Lodging reimbursement (not to exceed a total of $368.93 per program);*^
- Round-trip mileage reimbursement (at the federal rate of $0.535/mile) for one vehicle per program;*° and
- Childcare fee waivers for the children of up to two (2) attendees.
IMPORTANT: The deadline for scholarship registration is 5:00pm on Thursday, April 12th, 2018. Registrations received after this deadline will be charged the late registration fees and WILL NOT be eligible to receive mileage and lodging reimbursement.
Registration fees waivers and discounts
- Each OCADSV member program's executive director or DV/SA lead program coordinator will receive an email containing special coupon codes. These codes will allow up to two (2) people to register for the conference at no cost, with the third and subsequent registrants at a discounted rate (varies, based on date of registration).
- We will cross-check registrations received (scholarship and paid) with payment records and attendee check-in lists before sending out scholarship checks, but if you feel there's a discrepancy, please submit a written explanation to [email protected].
- If conference scholarship attendees will stay in guestrooms at Sunriver Resort that were booked in the conference room block, you shouldn't need to do anything. We can verify their presence independently.
- If conference scholarship attendees will stay elsewhere (e.g. River Lodge Suites, condos, rental cabins), we need documentation of those expenses before we can process your scholarship check. Please email a copy of the final lodging bill to [email protected] ASAP after the conference.
- You shouldn't need to do anything.
- Roundtrip mileage figures are pre-calculated by OCADSV based upon the shortest geographic route between Sunriver Resort and the address we have on file for each Member Program. If you feel this calculation would represent a significant deviation from attendees' actual incurred mileage, you may request an exception to this policy via email to [email protected].
The glorious fine print
* Scholarship checks will be issued and mailed to each Member Program no later than three weeks after the Conference. Registrants attending on scholarship still need to pay up front for their lodging and transportation expenses.
^ Maximum lodging compensation available per Member Program is $368.93 (formula: $112 per night x 3 nights + 9.8% tax). Any additional expenses incurred will not be compensated by OCADSV and are the responsibility of the attendees and/or Member Program.
° Roundtrip mileage figures are pre-calculated based upon the shortest driveable route between Sunriver Resort and the address we have on file for each Member Program. We strongly encourage car-pooling whenever possible.