Queer Caucus meets monthly via conference call and/or video conference (with option to attend in person at our office, as well). Intentions include to:
- Create space for peer support for LGBTQIA advocates across Oregon
- Survive and combat oppressions faced by queer people, centering rural, immigrant, criminal justice involved, POC and trans women’s experiences
- Address how intersecting oppressions contribute to a disparity of services within systems
- Support development and improvement of services for queer survivors
- Develop responses to organizational and systemic transphobia and homophobia
- Promote a vibrant grassroots network of individuals aligned with our mission
Advocates or others doing work that intersects with domestic, sexual or gender-based violence, who fit any part of the LGBTQIA spectrum, are invited to contact Meagan Schorr, our Sexual and Domestic Violence Program Coordinator, to get involved.