FAQs Immigration Enforcement and Victim Services Programs
This Frequently Asked Questions document by Grace Huang from the Asian Pacific Institute on Gender-Based Violence highlights:
- Do immigration agents regularly try to detain individuals at victim services programs?
- What should we do if immigration agents come to our building or facility? (and how do VAWA, VOCA, FVPSA protect our facilities)
- What types of policies and protocols should victim service programs have?
- What should we do if ICE detains a program participant with dependent children?
- Could our program be charged with violating the law if we do not grant immigration authorities access to the building?
- What if a program participant is detained in or near our facility?