As a benefit of maintaining OCADSV membership, each Coalition member program in good standing is eligible to receive scholarships for up to two staff members to attend our conference.
Each attending member program may receive:
- Registration fee waivers for up to two (2) attendees from that program;
- Discounted registration fees for additional attendees from that program;
- Lodging reimbursement (not to exceed a total of $380.2 per program);*^
- Round-trip mileage reimbursement (at the federal rate of $0.625/mile) for one vehicle per program;*° and
- Childcare reimbursement for the children of up to two (2) attendees.
IMPORTANT: The deadline for scholarship registration for 2022 is TBD. Registrations received after this deadline will be charged the late registration fees and WILL NOT be eligible to receive mileage and lodging reimbursement.
Registration fees waivers and discounts
- In mid-February, we send each OCADSV member program‘s executive director or DV/SA lead program coordinator an email containing special scholarship codes. These codes, when entered into the appropriate field on the conference registration form, allow up to two (2) people to register for the conference at no cost, with the third and subsequent registrants at a discounted rate (varies, based on date of registration).
- If conference scholarship attendees will stay in guestrooms at Sunriver Resort that were booked in the conference room block, you shouldn’t need to submit any documentation. We can verify their presence independently.
- You shouldn’t need to submit any documentation.
- Roundtrip mileage figures are pre-calculated by OCADSV based upon the shortest geographic route between Sunriver Resort and the address we have on file for each Member Program. If you feel this calculation would represent a significant deviation from attendees’ actual incurred mileage, you may request an exception to this policy via email to Rowan@ocadsv.org
Child care reimbursement for Scholarship Attendees
OCADSV is no longer able to facilitate securing childcare as it is no longer a service offered by the Sunriver Resort.
They have recommended a local service, Snappy Sitters, and as with lodging we are asking that attendees make their own childcare arrangements. Scholarship attendees will be able to submit reimbursement requests to us after the conference for 3 full days of childcare in addition to other reimbursement documentation.
The glorious fine print
* Scholarship checks will be issued and mailed to each Member Program no later than three weeks after the Conference. Registrants attending on scholarship still need to pay up front for their lodging and transportation expenses. We cannot process reimbursements for any program/organization that has not paid their 2021 OCADSV membership dues.
^ Maximum lodging compensation available per Member Program is $380.20 (formula: $115 per night x 3 nights + 9.8% tax). Any additional expenses incurred will not be compensated by OCADSV and are the responsibility of the attendees and/or Member Program.
° Roundtrip mileage figures are pre-calculated based upon the shortest drivable route between Sunriver Resort and the address we have on file for each Member Program. We strongly encourage car-pooling whenever possible.
Updated: July 2022