Supporting Undocumented and Immigrant Survivors: A Tip Sheet for Advocates
Increased support is needed for these communities because recent anti-immigrant sentiment, racist commentary, harassment and physical attacks have shaken our communities. Immigrants - especially undocumented people and people of color - may have intensified trauma exposure and urgent safety needs.
- Increased support is needed because...
- Undocumented and immigrant survivors of sexual and domestic violence are at heightened risk of...
- Advocates can help by...
- Using trauma-informed care
- Using simple safety planning
- Supporting safety planning with kids
- Planning tools (links)
- Ways organizations can support advocates
- Additional resources (links)