Understanding Domestic Violence: Beyond Physical Abuse
Presented by Chris Huffine, PsyD, of Allies in Change, this webinar intended for mental health professionals will explore the dynamics of domestic violence, including types of abuse, controlling behaviors, power orientation in couples, and the importance of screening.
This webinar is the second in a five-part series for mental health professionals. It is recommended that attendees view Safety and Ethical Considerations for Mental Health Providers Responding to Domestic Violence before attending this webinar.
Webinar series: Domestic Violence and Mental Health
- Safety and Ethical Considerations for Mental Health Providers Responding to Domestic Violence
- Understanding Domestic Violence: Beyond Physical Abuse
- Screening for Domestic Violence by Mental Health Professionals
- Intervening in Domestic Violence for Mental Health Professionals
- Domestic Violence Safety Planning for Mental Health Professionals
Continuing education credit
OCADSV is able to provide 1.5 hours of CLINICAL continuing education credit in partnership with the National Association of Social Workers - Oregon for viewing the webinar recording through 4/9/16. To receive this credit, you will be required to submit an evaluation and pass a post-test with a score of 70% or better.