Counties served: Clackamas, Multnomah, Washington
Crisis hotline: 503-640-5311
Languages spoken at location
One or more staff members at this program speak each language listed below. Translators may be available for other languages; contact the program directly for more information.
This program reports they offer the services listed below. We cannot guarantee space or availability; contact the program directly for the most up-to-date information.
- 24-hour crisis and support hotline
- Support groups
- Legal advocacy
- Prevention education
- Confidential advocacy, safety planning, and referrals to other services
- Counseling and therapy services
- Hospital-based accompaniment for survivors of sexual violence
Outstationed advocates at:
Outstationed or co-located advocates work for a nonprofit community-based advocacy program, but spend some of their working hours at an external location. They provide confidential crisis intervention and other advocacy services, while also serving as a resource to their hosting agency.
- Family Justice Center of Washington County
03-17-2020 COVID-19 UPDATE
- Physical office is closed until further notice and all staff are working remotely
- Our 24/7 crisis support line is still active and can be reached at 503-640-5311 or 888-640-5311
- Counseling, support groups, and all other services normally provided in-person are available via video-call, phone, email, and text message
- Crisis response at Washington County hospitals and law enforcement agencies is available via phone
- Clients in emergency need of food or toiletries should contact their SARC counselor or advocate to make arrangements for pick-up